Constant assessment of your health is a must if you want to live a long and disease free life. Sadly, many people are not taking the time to have the assessments carried before they run into serious health problems: full-blown health issues that could have been avoided.
Fortunately, by educating yourself on the health tests you should be taking, you can have a better idea of which tests to get done to optimize your well-being. Let us go over three such tests so you can ask your doctor about them at your next check-up…
1. EKG or ECG. Chances are, you have heard of an EKG or ECG. This test is often associated with those people who are experiencing serious medical emergencies or are having a heart health scare. An EKG will reveal if there are any problems with your heart’s electrical system. But, an EKG can also be used for preventative purposes as well.
In this test, the heart’s activity is represented as a line tracing on graph paper. The spikes and dips in the tracings are divided into sections and show how your heart is working. Your results will be compared to a normal heart graph and any abnormal rhythms showing poor blood flow will be revealed and then be able to be treated.
Get tested now so you know if you are at risk and can then start taking steps to help negate the risk.
2. Colorectal Cancer Screening. Cancer is a devastating disease and sadly, one that impacts many. Colorectal cancer is one of the leading forms of cancer affecting many people and often comes without any obvious signs or symptoms. Although alternating diarrhea and constipation and abdominal pain are some of the signs, along with blood in the feces, they are brushed off as being a part of living.
It is often fatal in 90% of cases, so not one you want to come down with. Early screening is going to be key as if polyps are found early, they can be removed before developing into full-blown cancer.
3. Lipid Profile. Finally, make sure you schedule a routine blood test at least every 12 months to get your lipids checked. From these results, you can determine your risk for the metabolic syndrome, which is a condition characterized by…
elevated blood pressure readings,
high cholesterol levels, as well as
If you are diagnosed with the metabolic syndrome, you will be at a higher risk for conditions such as heart disease, stroke, and Type 2 diabetes if you are not suffering from these already.
So keep these three tests in mind and ask your doctor about being checked out. It is always better to be on the safe side.
Life is too short! You must enjoy every moment of it. However, there are many ways on how to live a healthy life which will make you live a long life. A proper guide of living your life will profit more years. They’ve said if you love your family you must take care of your health and start taking care what you eat and drink. Here are some simple easy tips on how to live a healthy life:
1. Food – Always remember that whatever you eat will show on your body. If you eat healthy foods such as vegetables, fruits, food rich in protein, calcium and minerals; it shows on your body figure and skin complexion. The secret is having discipline and do a habit for you on choosing the right food. Do not just eat everything you like. Make sure it satisfy your crave and the same time healthy. You also need to moderate whatever you eat. Like the sugar, oil, and fatty foods. Fish and Meat should be also moderated. Soups and vegetables are advisable to be good for your body. Foods came from different recipes, styles, and traditional cuisines which means you need to comprehend on how it is being cook and how it will help you for a healthy life style.
2. Exercise – Do regular exercise and make it a habit. It’s not necessarily to be done at the gym, the simple set-ups; walking, dancing, running and swimming are good exercises for you. Exercise needs a lot of courage and determination particularly for individuals who live into a hectic schedule. The good thing about it is when you start doing it the next day will be easy for you. So it’s only a matter of when will you start exercising.
3. No Smoking – Stop smoking! Smoking is bad to your health. They’ve said it can kill you and shorten your life. Whether it’s true or not, you have to understand that smoking is a bad habit and it has nothing to do in living a healthy life.
4. Moderate Drinking – Drinking can be good if it’s moderated. There is a limited amount of alcohol that our body needs. Do not exceed to the body limitation. Drinking has no good effect in your body. It can lead you into addiction and worst ruins your life.
5. Self-Awareness – Among all the information and tips mentioned, it can all be done by having proper information on how to attain a healthy life style. It also needs courage, discipline, and self determination.